The FG Shitbox Exchange Program?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
I'll start by saying this is not all thought out and I've only run the idea past @93Flareside so far. He found the idea intriguing, but had questions.

The basic idea would be, put your shitbox up for exchange. The exact time for exchange would be up to the exchangees. Six months, a year, whatever. This would be to just get to try another car without buying one.

The main thing would be to set it up to shield the other exchangee from liability. That may mean actually "selling" the cars to each other for that time. Which would be a bit if a pain, unless someone here has an idea.

Anyone think this is a thing they'd like to try?

Obviously cross continent swaps are probably out.

Oh shit, I should probably sell the 60 Euro Polo within FG. It needs a bunch of things and I'm already past it.

I sort of regret not marking up the radiator you bought with an extra euro just so I could've put #60EuroRadiator on the receipt.

This is a good idea. I don't have a shitbox but I'm interested in the outcome :D

If anyone wants to engine swap an old bobtailed Land Rover for me so I don't have to, I suppose we could work something out. :p

Shame there's really only 3 regular forum members in this country now, each of us with enough to deal with already.

If only we all lived close enough to have a decent pool to work with.

Now I think of it, member density here is probably higher in average than the US and definitely Oz.

I've always liked the idea of running a shitbox car club as a business, a good excuse for a big collection of interesting (if not fast) cars and work on them in a proper workshop. I would probably need a good breakdown policy. The 60 Euro Polo would fit in perfectly.

Well, the shop part would be a benefit, that's not the idea. It's just a car swap instead of a toybox. I'm for it, but I'm not in a permanent location yet.

Well, the shop part would be a benefit, that's not the idea. It's just a car swap instead of a toybox. I'm for it, but I'm not in a permanent location yet.
I understand the idea, it was just a side comment. It would probably work well in Germany or Finland.

Oh shit, I should probably sell the 60 Euro Polo within FG. It needs a bunch of things and I'm already past it.
...does it meet the minimum wheelbase requirements for Lemons racing? Heh.

CONTINENTS, SCHMONTINENTS

Hm. Here's a challenge: can anyone in Europe find a not-terminal Alfa Romeo Arna for sale?

Normally, I would agree.

There was one for sale in Finland a while ago, but it wasn't very cheap. Currently it seems there are five for sale in Italy and none elsewhere.

Those prices aren't very offensive. Two of them are the same car at different prices, it has plastic covers on the seats!

1661948216477.png
1661948227070.png

https://www.autoscout24.it/annunci/-6244dac7-c02a-5856-e053-0100007fb858

https://www.subito.it/auto/x-x-430085390.htm